ENID, OK – June 1, 2017 – Summer has not officially begun but it has unofficially begun. The kids are out of school and it’s time to keep them busy and active. Here is our list of over 50 great activities to keep everyone happy over the summer break.
This list does not include all of the camps and lessons available in our area. We may have missed a few activities so we will most likely be adding more to the list. Please add yours in the comments below.
1. Take the kids on the Enid Walking Trails. Ride bikes or skateboards.
2. Enjoy the two Splash Pads on the east and west sides of Enid.
3. Ride the rides and paddle boats at Meadowlake.
4. Play on the outdoor equipment and walk the garden Government Springs.
5. Use sidewalk chalk to create fun art and funny sayings.
6. Drive west and watch a sunset over a wheat field.
7. Go swimming at Champlin Pool.
8. Visit the Railroad Museum of Oklahoma.
9. Go fishing at Crosslin or Meadowlake.
10. Ride skateboards at the skate park.
11. Visit the Simpsons Museum and get a cold pop.
12. Play tennis at one of our tennis courts.
13. Take the kids to Splash Zone.
14. Make your own short film using a camera phone.
15. Slide down a grass hill in cardboard boxes.
16. Show the kids family headstones at the cemetery.
17. See a play at Gaslight Theatre.
18. Play a round of Disc Golf at NWOSU.
19. Train for a fun run or 5k and then go run it.
20. Put the TV outside and watch an outdoor movie.
21. Watch a baseball game at David Allen Memorial Ballpark.
22. Take a creative class at Creative Arts Enid.
23. Send the kids to Vacation Bible School
24. Plan a night to see a concert at the CNB Center.
25. Attend Shakespeare in the Park.
26. Play in the sprinkler in the yard.
27. Checkout books at the library and look for story times.
28. Explore Alabaster Caverns near Freedom.
29. Play miniature golf.
30. Go through the old toys and setup for a garage sale.
31. Build a blanket fort on the porch or in the backyard.
32. Sign up to go bat watching at the Selmon cave near Freedom.
33. Visit the Woodring Wall of Honor and Memorial Park.
34. Shop the Farmers Market on a Saturday.
35. Take glamour shots in front of the butterfly mural downtown.
36. Spend a day at Leonardo’s and Adventure Quest.
37. Have an outdoor water balloon fight.
38. Go get a treat at the nearest snow cone stand.
39. Go hike the Gloss Mountains near Fairview.
40. Volunteer at Bennie’s Barn and meet the horses.
41. Take the kids bowling at Oakwood Bowl.
42. Go skating at Skatetown.
43. Listen to a free Summer Chautauqua presentation.
44. Go dig for crystals at the Great Salt Plains.
45. Visit the Cherokee Strip Regional Heritage Center.
46. Take a quick trip to the Little Sahara sand dunes.
47. Go camping in your backyard, make S’mores.
48. Visit Leona Mitchell Southern Heights Heritage Center and Museum.
49. Go on a scavenger hunt or Geocaching.
50. Fly a kite or paper airplanes at Champlin Park.
51. Play with shaving cream, whipped cream or mud outside. Make a mess.
52. Take the kids to Woodring for breakfast and a fly-in.